Sivut

maanantai 20. joulukuuta 2010

My Makeup Story

Hello guys again! :)  This time I decided to do a post only in english. It's all about my make up and my makeup history. I could have done also a video, but it could have been sooooo long and my editing skills... not so good. But, here you go! If you notice very bad mispelling here, please tell me!

Question:
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I was about 13 years old when I first time bought any make up. I still remember those products, some shimmering purple lipstick from Nivea (wtf?...) Lumene's eyeshadows and maybe blue or black mascara also from Lumene. At the time I didn't exatly knew how to apply any make up exept mascara, so I did look awful. I didin't do ANYTHING to my eyebrows, they looked like bushes, haha! :D After that, about 2004-2005 my biggest idol was Tarja Turunen(the ex-singer from Nightwish) and I soooo wanted to look like her. So, you can only imagine how much I used kajal (and I looked like a panda, how cool is that...) and tried to be like her. I used lots of red and black clothes. But I think I failed, BADLY. I think the country-styled black/brown jeans and red-colouret apple-shirt isn't quite stylish as Turunen's clothes are.. :'D!

(I absolutely love this look! ^)

2. How did you get into makeup?
I think the first time, when i watched any tutorials from internet, it was year 2006 or something. I was, and still am, so into to the gothic and alternative make up. Also fashionable make up is interesting too. :) Shortly, I have watched sooo many make up tutorials from Youtube, from make up sites and just reading from news papers. My favorite make up gurus are MissChievous, Jangsara and Promise Thamang Phan. Especially MissChievous has very great vids! Also some gothic shops, like Odium Clothing have their Inspiration-part, where you can find some make up and style tips!

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
My favorite drugstore brands are MaxFactor, Loreal and Maybelline. I don't use so much not-drugstore brands like Make Up Store, Dior, Lancome etc, because they cost so much. I'm student, so I don't have any money for them. And I think you can have fine quality also from drugstore brands! :)

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Make up is amazing hobby for me, and I absolfuckinglutely love to do make up. :D You can see the result right away when you're doing your looks. You can transform yourself from ugly-duckling to beauty queen! x) And I love colours, all shapes and yeah. I'm so artistic, that's why. I love to create looks.



5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
foundation, powder, mascara and blush. Maybe! So hard to decide.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
creating new looks, finding inspiration from others, transformation (: D really!)  and playing with colours.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup and high end?
As I said, you can find fine quality from drugstore makeup brands, but high end make up has usually better quality and, for example, better pigmented eyeshadows than drugstore brands. Sometimes I think it's kinda sad how much High end cosmetic costs. I don't know are they that super how much they costs, or is it just the brand name on the cover.


8. What is one tip of advise you can give to a beginner?
Be curious, test products, ask if you don't know and watch tutorials. You can find awesome advices there. And a another tip, buy good brushes!

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Too much self-tanning. Believe me, looking like a carrot is not so cool if you in reality have very fair skin. :D

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
8( I don't do any videos (maybe yet..?) to the youtube, but I think there are so cool people. Wanna haz too. : D

Share your make up stories! :) xoxo
(Btw, I stoled these questions from MissChievous' video. >: D)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Hey, sinä anonyymi stalkkeri, muistathan jättää aina nimimerkin niin tunnistan kuka olet! Ei asiatonta kommentointia, thanks. :)